State Committee of Vendors
Orlando, FL - February 12 and 13, 2010
Mr. Spiliotis called the meeting to order at 8:30 A.M., Friday, February 12, 2010. Mr. Klindtworth called the roll.
- District 1 Steve Schneider
- District 2 Randy Shuster
- District 3 Don Tuell
- District 4 Mary Hayes
- District 5 Phil Bluschke
- District 7 Tom Saunders
- District 8 Shirley Smart
- District 9 David Kaplan District Alternate
- District 10 Leslie Francis
- District 6 Randall Crosby
- District 9 Joel Rose
Division of Blind Services Representatives:
Ms. Joyce Hildreth, Ms. Kathy Murphey, Mr. Gene Newcomb, Ms. Kathleen Crosson.
Other attendees who made a presentation to the Committee:
- Mr. Ed Hudson, Director of the Orientation and Adjustment Center, Daytona Beach, Fl.
- Mr. Randy Morgan, District Administrator, Jacksonville, Fl.
- Mr. Kurt Ponchak, DBS Bureau Chief, Operations and Compliance, Tallahassee, Fl.
- Mr. Bill Baker, Vice President National Automatic Merchandising Association, (NAMA).
Ed Saunders moved to approve the minutes of the previous meeting.
David Kaplan seconded the motion. Motion carried without objection.
Randy Morgan discussed updating the Policy and Procedures Manual noting that Gene Newcomb will be working with him on this endeavor.
Ed Hudson spoke about increasing the evaluation time for trainees from one week to two weeks at the Orientation and Adjustment Center.
Kurt Ponchak discussed the BBE Budget from July 1, 2009 thru February 9, 2010. Total expenditures were $1,100,033.92 and total encumbrances were $546,881.51. Mr. Ponchak will keep the Committee informed with periodic updates.
Bill Baker discussed the advantages of becoming a member of NAMA. The membership fee is $250.00 annually. The Division will look into the possibility of securing a parent membership enabling Vendors to become associate members for $25.00 annually.
Joyce Hildreth gave an overview of the strategic plan.
All BEP referrals and contractors will be subject to background checks effective immediately.
Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort Florida will be hosting the Southeastern Vending Association (SEVA) three day event from August 3 thru 6, 2010. Registration is $250.00 and rooms are $171.00 per night.
Action item (s):
Motion was made to advertise Facility 382 as a Type 1 in conjunction with Facility 583, Transportation Security Administration in Ft. Myers as a Type II for 12 months, the motion was passed. Motion reviewed and approved by the Agency.
Carry over item (s):
- Training, Kurt Ponchak
- USA Technologies, Tom Spiliotis
- Online reporting, Kurt Ponchak
- Tallahassee vending route boundaries, Kathy Murphey
- Facility presence, Tom Spiliotis
- NAMF, Kathy Murphey
- Monthly report, combining vending drink and snack sales, Kurt Ponchak
- Presence at facilities, Tom Spiliotis
Next State Committee of Vendors Meeting is scheduled for May 20 thru 22, 2010, at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Orlando, Florida.