Division Policy 2.25
Exceptions to policies
March 25, 2011
January 18, 2013
This policy will be reviewed and updated as needed.
To allow counselors an opportunity to request exceptions to policy that is needed in order to meet the client’s rehabilitation needs that may be unique to their particular situation in order to secure, maintain or advance in their employment goals. Exceptions may be requested for various reasons such as, but not limited to, medical, transportation, maintenance, tools, supplies, equipment, or other vocational rehabilitation services.
- Policy exceptions must be considered necessary for the client to reach their goal. The request must (a) be documented in the electronic file and explain why the policy should not apply to the particular client’s services, (b) indicate what service(s) is necessary, and (c) provide documentation (case note) that there are no other comparable services within policy to meet this particular need.
- Granting of the policy exception must not violate any federal or state law or regulation.
- Exceptions must be reviewed by the counselors’ supervisor and the District Administrator and submitted by the District Administrator to the Bureau Chief of Client Services who will provide final approval.
- Determination will be made within 10 working days.
- If the exception is denied, the client will be provided information about his/her rights and information on how he/she may appeal the decision.
- Exceptions to the policies will be tracked by designated state office staff.
Original signed by Joyce Hildreth, Director, on March 14, 2011.