BARD Mobile: Troubleshooting
- You must have a working BARD username and password before you can log into BARD Mobile.
- The BARD Mobile app downloads items from your wish list or from the Recently Added Books and Recently Added Magazines sections.
- BARD Mobile must be open while books are downloading; if you switch to a different app, downloading will stop. Also, the screen must be unlocked throughout the download process.
- The National Library Service has recorded several how-to videos for BARD Mobile on both Apple iOS and Google Android devices. You can watch their whole series on Youtube by clicking this link. You can also find their BARD Mobile user guides online for both Apple iOS and Google Android, or in the app under the Help section of the Bookshelf tab.
- If you want to read Braille books with BARD Mobile, you'll need a Braille display. Be sure to read Section 7 of the user guide for configuration instructions and keystrokes that make reading Braille a smooth experience. At this time, Braille is only supported on Apple iOS devices.
- If you download BARD books or magazines on your computer, you can sideload them onto your device and open them using BARD Mobile. Load them as zip files; BARD Mobile will unzip them automatically. Be sure BARD Mobile has access to the Internet, as the app will need to authorize the book.
BARD books and magazines can be 50MB to 200MB. Be sure to monitor your data usage if you are downloading books using your cellular data rather than wi-fi so you don't go over your limit (if you have one).