FLORIDA REHABILITATION COUNCIL FOR THE BLIND
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Meeting called to order at 5:00 PM.
Council Members Present: (16)
Charles Brooks, Sheryl Brown, Jesus Garcia, Leanne Grillot, Ben Grzesik, Robert Kelly Patricia Lipovsky, Vicky Magliocchino, Donté Mickens, Bruce Miles, Gloria Mills, Dan O’Connor, Sylvia Perez, Dwight Sayer, Michael Wiseman and Robert Doyle, Director
Council Members Absent: (2)
Sandra Martin, Joe Minichiello
Council Staff: (1)
DBS Staff: (5)
Tom Austin, Bureau Chief of Client Services, Wayne Jennings, Beth Crain, Denise Valluerca, Juan Carlos Diaz,
15 consumers were in attendance.
First consumer Comments:
- Plan of action in place does not match need.
- In need of relocation assistance.
- Contacted DBS State Office for assistance.
- In need of a plan of action that matches need or goals.
Robert Doyle responded that DBS will provide follow up and access the need of services requested.
Second Consumer Comments:
- How services provided and what are is the expected time frame of delivery of services.
- Not pleased with verbal communication from DBS Counselor.
- Staff is not available.
Third Consumer Comments:
- What are the procedures in place for receiving equipment?
- Is there an action to exchange equipment?
Fourth Consumer Comments:
- Currently a nurse.
- Visually Impaired.
- Lived in Miami since 1980.
- Unable to make mortgage payments because of the inability to work.
- Does DBS offer housing or mortgage payment assistance?
No other consumers gave comment.
Public Forum adjourned at 6:30 PM