Lions Club of Florida
Lions are an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas working together to answer the needs that challenge communities around the world.
Lions Club of Florida has four districts, each for one letter in L-I-O-N. Each district has numerous projects. Many projects are related to the needs of the blind and visually impaired but some projects are related to the unique needs of the state. These included helping people who are affected by hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods. All Florida districts as well as Lions International provide assistance during these times.
Projects having a direct impact on improving the lives of persons who are blind or visually impaired living in Florida include but are not limited to the following:
- Florida Lions Camp near Lake Wales
- Conklin Center for the Blind in Daytona Beach
- Florida Lions Foundation for the Blind, Inc
- North Florida Lions Eye Foundation in Jacksonville
- Southeast Guide Dogs in Palmetto
- To organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions Clubs.
- To coordinate the activities and standardize the administration of Lions Clubs.
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the people of the world.
- To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
How to Join
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide. If you are interested in becoming a member, you need only find a local group and tell them of your interest. You can locate a club from http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.php.