Florida Braille and Talking Book Library
Summer Reading 2021
The online summer 2021 reading program Tails and Tales runs from June 28th through August 8th. To register, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
How it works
- The program lasts six weeks. There are three main age groups: Children, Teens, and Adults. The Children’s group is subdivided into Preschool, Early Readers, and Middle Grades.
- Each age group has one booklist for each week of the program. Each week is called a "Chapter."
- Choose your age group and chapter from the menu on the left. Then, read as many books as you can from that chapter's booklist and complete one or more activities if you like.
- E-mail a list of the books you read and pictures of the activity(s) you completed that week to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Throughout the program, you will earn incentives to keep reading! These will be mailed to you.
You can have instant access to all of the titles on the booklist if you are signed up for our Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD) service. Every title on the reading lists can be found in BARD. Contact your reader advisor if you are not signed up for BARD and get registered so you can download books directly to your Android or Apple devices! Email them at OPAC_librarian@dbs.fldoe.org, or call 1-800-226-6075.
Chapters and Reading Dates
- Chapter 1: Bookish Beasts
(June 28 thru July 4)
- Chapter 2: The Wild Side
(July 5 thru July 11)
- Chapter 3: Doctor Doolittle and Friends
(July 12 thru July 18)
- Chapter 4: No Place Like Home
(July 19 thru July 25)
- Chapter 5: Read, Connect, Protect
(July 26 thru August 1)
- Chapter 6: Amazing Creatures
(August 2 thru August 8)
Happy Reading, and enjoy the variety of activities! Please let us know if we can do anything to help make this summer more successful and fun for you!
Maureen, your Librarian.