Access Technology in the Workplace Study
The National Research & Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision is recruiting people with blindness or low vision (age 21+) who are working or are interested in working to be part of a 5-year study about access technology (AT) use, particularly in the workplace. Some questions we will seek answers to are:
- What access technology do you most commonly use?
- How do you decide whether to use a specific access technology?
- What are your technology challenges?
- What tools do you need that aren’t currently available?
We want to know YOUR thoughts and experiences! Participation will involve completing multiple surveys to help us determine how access technology use is changing over time.
- You’ll help identify gaps in access technology – what is needed but not available, which our technology company partners, including Microsoft, Google, OrCam, Vispero, and Aira are interested in!
- Findings will allow us to make recommendations for access technology users, VR professionals, access technology specialists, and employers.
- You’ll receive a small gift card after completing each survey and we will share study results with you.
Want to have your voice heard and help us with our 5-year study? Complete our pre-screening survey online or call 662-325-2001 to schedule an appointment for a telephone screening. Contact Michele McDonnall (email@example.com) or Emily Damm (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Local DBS offices are open to the public on a limited basis to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please contact your local office to schedule an appointment for services or contact us at (800) 342-1828 for any additional needs. Stay Safe and Healthy!
Public Meetings and Notices
Florida Rehabilitation Council for the Blind
The FRCB will conduct a Public Forum
Date: February 25, 2021
Business Meeting: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Public Forum: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting or call in (audio only)
+1 850-583-5063, United States, Tallahassee
Phone Conference ID: 778 075 943#
Please email any questions to: DBSRehabCouncil@dbs.fldoe.org.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing a special accommodation to participate in these meetings should contact the DBS State Office , no later than (7) working days prior to the meeting.
(850) 245-0300 - DBS State Office, Tallahassee
Florida Telephone Relay System 711.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
850-245-9305 OR Email: DBSRehabCouncil@dbs.fldoe.org.
Library Patron Survey
The Library is currently conducting its biannual library patron survey about the services and products it provides. The short survey can be completed online in 5 minutes or less! Your confidential opinions are appreciated and will greatly add to our understanding of how we can better serve you. If you haven’t already, would you please take the time to complete the survey?