Florida Deaf-Blind Association, Inc.
Florida Deaf-Blind Association, Inc. is a state organization of, for, and by Deaf-Blind Americans.
The first FDBA Consumers Group Meeting was hosted by the Florida Network on Deaf-Blindness (FNDB) May 14-16, 2004 at Conklin Center in Daytona Beach. In June 2005, first officers were elected to start a non-profit organization established and operated by members of the Deaf-Blind community. This organization became known as the Florida Deaf-Blind Association and is incorporated under the laws of the state of Florida.
How to Contact Us
332 Cypress Road
St. Augustine, FL 32086
David Roberts, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kathryn Zarate, Vice-President
Steven Rhodes, Secretary
Theresa Wells, Treasurer
Who We Are
FDBA is a state consumer organization of, by, and for Deaf-Blind people and their supporters. Our membership consists of people with all types and degrees of vision and hearing loss, as well as family members, interpreters, professionals, and other interested people. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with formally adopted bylaws, and we receive funding from membership fees and tax-deductible donations from individuals and businesses.
FDBA website: http://www.fldeafblind.org.
The mission of the Florida Deaf-Blind Association is to enable Deaf-Blind people, including all people with both hearing and vision impairments, to have the right to achieve their maximum potential through increased independence, productivity, and integration into the community.
- Increase effective outreach to new members,
- Increase public awareness of the Deaf-Blind and their needs,
- Provide access to social possibilities and understanding that Deaf-Blindness does not mean isolation,
- Establish Task Force on Deaf-Blind interpreting and Support Service Provider (SSP) programs
- Host annual statewide conference,
- Help Deaf-Blind discover the different communication and technology options available.